End-User License Agreement (EULA)
Please read carefully SoundFingers’ Products End User License Agreement (EULA)
SoundFingers. Latest Version 2020-07-11.
1. General1.1 The following End User License Agreement (“EULA”) represents the contractual conditions between you (“Licensee”) and SoundFingers, 17 rue de Saint Dié, 67100 STRASBOURG, France (“SoundFingers”) for the use of software including related media, documentation (for example program descriptions, manuals) and other documents and materials manufactured by SoundFingers (“Product(s)”). 1.2 By installing and by registering the software on your computer, you declare yourself in agreement with these conditions. If you do not agree with these conditions, you must not install the software.
2. Scope of Use2.1 The Products from SoundFingers are protected by law. The intellectual property of the Products remains at SoundFingers. Licensee acquires only the right to use the Product to the following extent. Any other use or exploitation not explicitly granted to Licensee in this EULA shall not be allowed without written consent from SoundFingers. Specifically, Licensee is not entitled to copy or have copied, decompile or have decompiled, reverse engineer or have reverse engineered the Product or parts thereof. Licensee must ensure by appropriate and reasonable steps that third parties, including its own employees, cannot make unauthorized use of the Product. Licensee shall be liable to SoundFingers for any loss or damage in this context. 2.2 SoundFingers grants Licensee the non-exclusive right without restrictions in time or place to use the Products. SoundFingers is not obliged to cede the software underlying source code, including the associated development documentation. 2.3 Licensee may install and personally use the licensed software on three devices (e.g. one computer, one laptop, one workstation), provided that the said software is used only on one device regularly. Simultaneous use on more than one hardware device is not permitted. The Products may not be used on a network by multiple users, unless each user possesses a license. In case Licensee changes the hardware, all software on the hardware used must be deleted. 2.4 Licensee may copy the licensed software, if such reproduction is necessary for the contractually agreed use. Licensee is authorized to create a backup, if this is necessary to secure the future use. 2.5 Licensee is not authorized to modify the software, unless it is to preserve or restore the agreed functions of the software purchased. 2.6 Third Parties
- a) Renting or lending the licensed Software to a third party is expressly forbidden.
- b) Except if otherwise stated within this EULA, Licensee may resell the software to a third party or transfer the software permanently free of charge, provided the third party agrees in writing with this EULA and Licensee ceases all use of the software, completely removes all installed copies of the software from its computer and – if the software was not purchased via download – deletes or transfers the original data storage to the third party (if Licensee is not obliged to a longer storage by law).
- a) Bundles (product bundles consisting of hardware and software or software-only bundles) can only be resold / transferred as a whole. The individual components of a bundle must not be resold / transferred separately.
- b) Any Products from SoundFingers labeled or otherwise provided to you as “Demo Versions” shall only be used for demonstration, testing and evaluation purposes. Demo Versions must not be used for commercial purposes, and must not be resold or transferred.