A unique Instrument
Guitar SkankAlso known as “Guitar chop”, the guitar skank is an important part of reggae and dub music. Due to its playing technique, this particular guitar sound is often hard to get with plugins, even some of the modern ones. If you don’t play guitar, it’s likely you’ll never really acheive to get this sound right… and if you do play guitar, it’s always nice to have an instrument to quickly lay out your ideas. That’s why I created Le Skank.
A Complete SolutionLe Skank features all the tools and options you’ll need to create and play great guitar tones. Begin by selecting the guitar pickup of your choice, the overall tone of the amp and cab, and tweak the sound with the filter and the included effects. No other plugin needed.
SimplicityDespite the number of available options, you can still acheive an great tone by just tweaking a few controls, plus you can benefit from the preset collection. The instrument is packed with 50 factory presets to get you started.
Where it all began. Choose one of the two guitar pickups : single coils or Humbuckers, and select the position : Neck, Middle, Bridge.
Tweak the envelope knobs to shape your sound. From a short and snappy chord to a long and smooth one.
- Play real reggae guitar chords in your DAW
- 2 different pickups
- Neck, Middle & Bridge positions for each pickup
- Major/Minor Chords & Rhythm Keyswitches
- Amp controls & 12 different Cabs
- Filter section with LP, BP, HP & FX filters
- Insert FX rack with Transient Master, Chorus, Phaser & EQ
- Delay FX
- Reverb effect with 20+ different IR reverbs
- 40+ presets
- Windows 7 or later
- OSX 10.7 or later
- Ready to be loaded into major DAWs (Cubase, Logic Pro, Reaper, BitWig, FL Studio, etc)
- Win64 VST3 Plugin.
- Mac VST3/AU Plugin.
- (No AAX version yet)
- Added : A settings panel to allow relocating the samples folder and clearing all assigned MIDI CCs
- Updated : The ‘Special Reverb’ algorithm
- Updated : The Distance & Width FX parameters have been rewritten.
- Updated : presets
- Updated : some GUI default init values
- Added : A ‘Mute’ parameter which allows to modulate the duration of the chord regarding the velocity input.
- Added : A ‘Lock’ button which allows to browse the presets without changing the Maj/min/Rhythm setup.
- Added : Different Amp simulations, accessible via a menu in the Amp & Cab section.
- Updated : The ‘Velocity to Volume’ modulation system has been improved to be used in conjunction with the ‘Mute’ parameter.
- Updated : The sample engine is now lighter but introduces a little loading time when swapping the guitar pickups.
- Updated : The transient master now uses a better algorithm.
- Fixed : The update notificator was not working properly.
- Fixed : Some minor internal improvements have been made, and all presets have been updated.
- Fixed : The plugin would not produce any sound when using unusual ASIO audio buffer sizes.
- Added : Chord & Rhythm buttons are reset to the original state defined by the user, when stopping the playback in the DAW.
- Improved : Amp Sim.
- Fix : Velocity controls not working correctly.
- Fix : Bug which made Le Skank impossible to play/bounce if the window was closed.
- Added : Notifications system for upcoming updates.
- Added : Octave shift.
- Fix : Keyswitches not working in some cases.
- Fix : compatibility issues with Logic & FL Studio in some cases.
- Fix : several minor bugs.
The Demo version is the same as the full version, except that :
- Sound stops after 1 hour
- Saving presets is disabled
- Previous work is not recalled on project opening
Download Demo :
Once the Installer downloaded, launch it and follow the instructions.
To authorize the plugin, simply enter your account credentials with your license key.
If you’ve already downloaded the trial version, you don’t need to download it again.
No. The plugin version is free if you own the Kontakt version.
Simply log into your account, add the plugin version to your cart and the product price will drop down to 0€.
This way, you’ll have acces to both the Kontakt and plugin versions of your instrument(s) into your account.
Most likely your DAW needs it to be installed in the default location.
- On Windows : C:/Program Files/Common Files/VST3
- On MacOs : System/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components -or ~/VST3
If you’re facing this, either delete the plugin you just installed or move it to the location specified above.
This plugin is available in :
- VST3 (MacOS and Windows)
- AAX for ProTools (MacOS and Windows)
- AU format (MacOs)
The plugins are built as Universal Binaries and should work fine on M1 chips. But I strongly encourage you to try the demo version of the plugin before buying it.
* (VAT not applicable, Art. 293 B of the CGI)
These prices may vary due to currency fluctuations.